The supply chain is the lifeblood of an economy and the foundation for delivering vital goods and services to consumers. When this extraordinarily complex and interconnected system is disrupted, the ripple effects can be far-reaching and create a wide range of negative consequences.
Supply chains are fundamentally susceptible to interferences that can adversely impact operations on every level. While some minor interruptions are expected and easy to navigate, 其他重大动荡——经济动荡, 政治, or disasters (both man-made and naturally occurring)—can generate insurmountable challenges. 不可否认的是, the unprecedented delays during the Covid-10 pandemic put a glaring spotlight on the fragility of the supply chain and exposed preexisting weaknesses.
What vital information have we learned from recent years? How does the industry minimize risks in the supply chain, 避免潜在的威胁, and prepare for the next major crisis so massive bottlenecks and catastrophic delays can be prevented?
Here are four valuable lessons we learned from the pandemic that could help alleviate major supply chain disruptions moving forward…
- Understanding the Importance of Multi-sourcing: In traditional outsourcing a single vendor handles all responsibilities/other company operations whereas multi-sourcing utilizes multiple vendors to get the job done. 其好处包括:
- 更大的灵活性 & 带宽: Efficiently tackle unexpected events that may threaten capacity.
- 减少瓶颈: 更多的供应商可以满足高峰需求.
- 可信备份计划: It is comforting to know if roadblocks occur, you are not reliant on only one vendor.
- 增加创新: Competition drives supply chain innovation and enhanced technology.
- 聪明的谈判: Gain greater insights into which suppliers perform well—helps you make informed decisions and broker better deals.
- Fosters a detailed and thorough understanding of the entire supply base by commodity.
- While curating additional supply sources, it might also be necessary to find a suitable substitute.
- Allows for quantified management of the supply base through key performance metrics and cost controls.
As we all experienced in recent years, when the supply chain is interrupted, 我们生活和工作的方式, can be severely disrupted causing catastrophic results. Having a robust supply chain that stays efficient and intact—in the face of unexpected challenges—remains mission critical. To successfully navigate future obstacles, it is paramount that organizations are proactive (instead of reactive) and mindfully build and execute risk management strategies to both forecast and mitigate potential delays.
澳门游戏网址大全安卓版, a certified minority business enterprise (MBE), is the nation’s leading provider of supply chain optimization solutions to automotive, powersports, 和重型oem厂商. 通过我们敬业的团队成员, 精益操作系统, 以及流线型技术, 澳门游戏网址大全安卓版 ensures a resilient and uninterrupted supply chain for the programs we manage. Through customized end to end solutions that address every facet of the supply chain—from inventory management, 实现, 仓库, 装备, 包装, 物流, 运输管理, 澳门游戏网址大全安卓版 enables companies to increase operational efficiency, deliver superior customer and employee experiences, 关注增长计划, 实现成本节约. 澳门游戏网址大全安卓版 partners with companies to virtualize their supply chains through a growing network of 12 facilities in the US and Canada, 以1.75平方. ft. of warehouse space and 600+ full-time team members. For more information, please visit 澳门游戏网址大全安卓版’s website at KemKrest.com.